Indiana History Center
Learn about the rich history of Indiana at the Eugene and Marilyn Glick Indiana History Center presented by the Indiana Historical Society. The History Center is located along the Central Canal in downtown Indianapolis and offers a creative and unique perspective on Indiana’s history that is fun for the whole family!
The History Center’s Indiana Experience is a full multimedia experience that offers large three-dimensional re-creations of historic photographs, the music of some of Indiana’s greatest stars, virtual journeys through old Indiana, and more! In addition, the History Center houses the William H. Smith Memorial Library. This library contains a broad spectrum of material documenting the history of Indiana from its early exploration and settlement to the present.
The History Center is complete with a gift shop, the Basile History Market, and cafe, the Stardust Terrace Café.
Hours of Operation:
- The Indiana Experience and the William H. Smith Memorial Library are open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday.
- Basile History Market is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Saturday.
- The Stardust Terrace Café is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday
The Eugene and Marilyn Glick Indiana History Center is closed Sundays, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. The building is also closed on the following Mondays: Presidents Day, Easter Monday, Memorial Day, Labor Day and Columbus Day.
Cost of Admission:
- Adults: $7
- Seniors (60 and over): $6.50
- Youth (5 through 17): $5
- Children under 5: FREE
- IHS members: FREE
- Admission to the William H. Smith Memorial Library, Basile History Market and/or Stardust Terrace Café is free.
Eugene and Marilyn Glick Indiana History Center
450 West Ohio Street
Indianapolis, IN 46202-3269
Tell us what do you think.
There are no comments on this entry.
Websites mentioned my entry.
There are no trackbacks on this entry